Saturday, June 19, 2010

Obligatory Introduction

I never know how to write about myself, but in the event that anyone decides to read this blog they should probably know a little bit about me. I'm a nineteen-year-old sociology major and English literature minor at Miami University in Ohio. My dream is to be a novelist. Nothing written but fanfiction thus far, unfortunately. I'm also an occasional photographer (all the pictures you see here are mine unless I mention otherwise), but I live near some woods that I think anyone could go into and capture something beautiful.

As the blog title suggests, I'm quiet and live largely in my head. It goes beyond that, actually; I have social phobia and other problems with anxiety and depression. A large part of this blog will be about my struggles with that because I've found it's something few people understand and it's hard to talk about it with anyone in my personal life. I feel incredibly restricted by my timidity because I think I'm an intelligent person, but my fear and insecurity keep me pretty silent in the real world, so I thought a blog would be a great outlet and a way of reaching out. I'm not really sure how this will go or if I'll receive any response, but I'm feeling optimistic : ).

No comments:

Post a Comment