Monday, June 21, 2010

My Friends are Back!


Three of my friends from high school are home from college for a little while. I should probably explain that I only stayed in school through my sophomore year before I started being home-schooled. I had actually been asking my parents since middle school if they would let me leave school and be home-schooled, but they always said no. Starting in sixth grade I was having panic attacks at school, and when I got home I would lock myself in my room and cry and wonder what was wrong with me and how I could possibly do it again the next day. I would miss as many days as I could get away with by pretending to be sick or "missing" the bus since I was alone in the mornings and obviously couldn't drive yet. I could go on and on about middle school, but that's for another day.

One would think that the more time I spent in school the easier it would get, but for some reason that wasn't the case. By my sophomore year I was crying at school almost everyday and could barely sleep. I would make myself throw up to avoid going to school, and lie about having thrown up there to get sent home. My parents finally decided I needed a change, which I've always appreciated, so I was done with high school.

Anyway, back on topic... I haven't seen these girls in a few years, so this is pretty exciting. I became friends with them in fourth grade and if it weren't for them I doubt I would have tried anything new or been the least bit courageous throughout school. I wanted them to think I was more daring than I really was and so I joined art club and band (I was pretty much a beast at the clarinet for a few years), which were really interesting. I messaged one of them on facebook a while back saying that I miss her, hoping maybe she was home. She texted me a few days ago and said that she and two of my other friends wanted to see me sometime this week before they go back. That was unexpected and awesome. I reeeeeally hope it happens and goes well >.<.

No comments:

Post a Comment