Friday, June 25, 2010

Homework

When I go to therapy I get homework. In the first session I was told to get into a normal sleep pattern, which worked for a while but I really need to get back on it. After that I had to do "brave" things. For me, brave means socializing, and anything outside of my comfort zone (which is almost all social stuff). Session 3's homework was to start volunteering somewhere. I picked the Community Counseling and Crisis Center, probably working on their hotline. I haven't gone yet, but I'm actually looking forward to it. It's a little intimidating but I hve a good feeling about it.

Yesterday my therapist told me to write something about myself. Very vague. She said it could be poetry or prose, and not to censor myself or worry how good it is, and that's all I really have to go on. She said to have fun with it. One of the things I love about writing fiction is that I get to not be myself for a while, so I'm not sure how to make this fun. I don't know what to say or how to say it yet. I have a week, I guess... if I write it and actually like it I may put it here. I know she said not to worry about how good it is but I'm such a perfectionist when it comes to writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment